Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive recognized, but not accesible

• Please log in to reply

trokua

trokua

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I have recently put together my computer and one of the hard drives simply isn't showing up in "My Computer" however it is seen in the Device Manager. I'm running Windows XP anyone have any ideas as to how to get my 70 gig drive rollin?

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Try Right-Clicking the My Computer Icon then clicking Manage then click Drive Management and right-click on the drive that isn't seen and click Format.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
If it was a new hard drive it will need to have a partition setup on it and formatting with the desired file system.

Check this MS KB article for details.

trokua

trokua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
ya know what, there has never been a time that you guys haven't been able to fix my problem! I consider myself fairly computer-literate, even intelligent, but you guys are freggin awesome! thanks again!