Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adding links in emails to add a web address to favs

• Please log in to reply

caramellodream

caramellodream

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me, I would like to add a link to an email so that when someone clicks on it, it will add a web address to their favourites. Thanks heaps.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
this is paramount to spam. That is obtrusive behavior. Not to mention that it could be abused, so most email clients block this kind of behavior.

caramellodream

caramellodream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No need to attack! It was actually a request for an email that is sent from my work to an email database that people want to be on. They receive important information about current information that they need to be aware of, and the page in question has a search engine so they can search to see if the information is still correct or has been amended etc etc. They have asked for us to provide an easier way for them to reach a specific page on our website, so hence my first question.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
ah... should have included that in your first post.

1)once the user reaches the site, then can add it to their list of favorites
2)if active directory is used onsite, then you can create a policy to add it to their favorites.
3)on said website, you can include code (button) to add to favorites.
3)as stated before, due to spam and malware, most email clients blocks this kind of activity. Best thing to do is link them to the website and let them do the adding to favorites from there.

caramellodream

caramellodream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:) You are right, apologies, thanks for your suggestion, will pass it on to our web guys.