Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard chipset drivers

• Please log in to reply

Jessieboogie

Jessieboogie

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
OK. Not sure i am in the right place. Here we go. I bought a new video card and it keeps rebooting and blacking out when i try and play my games. The video card company told me to update my drivers...did that. Still was happening. I called back and they told me to update my motherboards chipset drivers. How do I do that?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If it's a name brand computer you always go to the maker's site for the drivers, if it's a home built machine you always get them from the motherboard maker's site. The same goes for the BIOS, and while you're there you might want to see if there is a BIOS update that addresses the problem.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Jessie,

Tyger is correct. Do you know what motherboard you have? If so, paste the make and model in your next reply. If not, do the following:

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Once installed, start Everest Home Edition and click on the Report button up the top.

From the box that appears, select the following at each page:
  • Next
  • Check the System Summary Only option
  • Next
  • Check the Plain Text option
  • Finish
Copy and paste the second section (with the title Summary) in your next reply.

Cheers

Troy