Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Impossible to make manual restore points

• Please log in to reply

JimB007

JimB007

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
I am unable to make manual restore points in my VISTA OS. This has however always been possible.

I have enough space free (100Gb) and I can see that the OS makes a restore point automatically. In the screenshot I'm trying to make another one 5 hours later after the automatic one that was made.

And as usual the error popup window doesn't explain much.
Posted Image

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello JimB007,

See if this helps.

http://www.winhelpon...dows-Vista.html

JimB007

JimB007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Thanks, but no it doesn't. Besides the settings are exactly like proposed in the link. This again shows the stupid behaviour of the MS developers. They develop 1 error message that should cover some 20 different malfunctions/situations.

In the meantime I found out that all is working as it should again, just by disabling my Agnitum Outpost Firewall. In fact it's the firewall that should give some error warning. Besides that I can't understand why this firewall is putting it's nose in this. I can't understand why this firewall is preventing me from making a manual restore point.

I'll check that out in their forums.

Thanks again.