Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Voice Issues!

• Please log in to reply

spast1c

spast1c

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My problem started about two days ago, when my brand new microphone started not working.
The Problem: When testing my microphone, there is a very loud static and it only lets me get one word in because of a bad echo. (I say hello once, I hear it another 6 times). Even when my microphone is switched off during the test, the static persists, so I'm positive it's not a microphone issue.

What I've tried: I've tried numerous times messing with the volume, Plugging in different jacks (it's not a USB mic), plugging it in to another computer, which proved that it is something wrong with my computer, because it worked perfectly on the other one. The only thing I haven't tried, and can't at the moment is reinstalling my motherboard drivers (because I don't actually have a sound card) and the MSI website is down. I also haven't installed any new hardware since it's stopped working.

My motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo, my computer is a Dualcore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 2133 htz.
If I can answer any questions to help solve this problem, please ask.
Hope you can help!

**System Restore isn't an option sadly**

Edited by spast1c, 15 August 2008 - 09:00 PM.

Advertisements

spast1c

spast1c

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I should also add that it seems to be playing any sound my computer makes. Even though I don't have speakers : /