Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe generating errors..

• Please log in to reply

Sherry2345

Sherry2345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You all probably see that one a lot...But I'm in need of some serious help with this...
(I'm also new to this forum...)
Ok, just a few days ago I tried downloading internet explorer 6 to my Windows 2000 and that day it just crashed...I restarted my computer just to see if it would load up again but it never did, instead an error message pops saying: eplorer.exe has generated errors and will be shut down by windows you will need to restart the program an error log is being created..my tool bar at the bottom then disappears...and it won't fully load up..I've been trying to fix this ever since then and my dad gave me advice telling me to delete the internet explorer folder in safe mode....I did that and it only seemed to help just a little bit..now that message doesn't pop up so much when I'm in safe mode...I tried to boot it normally since I thought it was all fixed..but the same message keeps popping up and still won't completely load..I've tried getting into things with task manager but it seems to have generated errors as well. This is really frustrating me since I do all of my digital artwork on that computer along with most of the research I do, since the text is so much bigger on that moniter than on my laptop's moniter.
I'm seriously thinking it's a virus, but I can't get into my computer to scan for anything..
So, if any of you have any idea on how to help me with this, it would be very much appreciated. :)

Advertisements