Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Blue screen of death/more

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Lately Iíve been getting Blue Screens of Death a lot (sometimes three times a day).. They say the same thing every time:

And the technical details read:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x1A5F736C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80505BBD)

I've also just spent a lot of time with a Geek over at the malware section to get rid of a "Dr.Watson Postmortem Debugger" virus. The thing is, even after getting my computer cleaned up, I am continuing to get errors whenever I open up mozilla firefox or internet explorer saying "internet explorer (/mozilla) has encountered an error and needs to close".. I deleted the Dr. Watson program off my computer before seeking Geeks To Go's help, because another forum said to do so.. and now i'm not sure whether the "Dr. Watson .... has encountered an error and must close" would be coming up at the same time as my current messages (cause i don't have the program anymore.) here's a link to my original topic:

The Geek over there told me to post a topic here, so here i am.

**note, i recently dropped my computer (it's a laptop) from about 20cm off the ground (accidentally of course!) and gave it some nasty cracks..

Thanks to anyone who reads this!