Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am getting into a logoff loop - can anyone help?

• Please log in to reply

Rebec

Rebec

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I removed some spyware from my computer yesterday and now when I turn on my computer it comes on with the Dell logo, Windows xp logo comes on as the computer boots up, then the Welcome to Windows screen comes up where I push Ctrl-Alt-Delete to begin (a security thing). After I push that, then I log on as Administrator. The picture (my desktop) flashes up and then it says Please wait... and it is logging off. It logs me off back to the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen again.

I have tried pushing F8 and starting in Safe Mode, also Safe mode with the command prompt, also the last Known Good configuration, also Directory services Restore mode, also the Debugging Mode and I can't get a command prompt with any of them. I have my Dell reinstallation CD in my CD drive (O/S disk) but I can't get over to it to run. I tried putting in a boot disk in my A: drive and it booted on A: but said that C: was an invalid drive.

I've see posts that I should go to the recovery console and do this or that - but I can't get to the recovery console! Any ideas? I'm not a computer tech person - I'm just bumbling around anyway.

Advertisements