Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32.IRCbot [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

recant

recant

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have this virus on my pc and I ran Norton(which is the free version that came with the pc) and it detected W32.IRCbot as well as tracking cookie and adware.hotbar

Also, when my pc is started, it loads up in widows explorer and if I close it, I have a blank desktop. I have tried Dell factory restore and it tells me that Tools\dp.sc was denied. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Thanks

Advertisements

recant

recant

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have this virus on my pc and I ran Norton(which is the free version that came with the pc) and it detected W32.IRCbot as well as tracking cookie and adware.hotbar

Also, when my pc is started, it loads up in widows explorer and if I close it, I have a blank desktop. I have tried Dell factory restore and it tells me that Tools\dp.sc was denied. Can anyone help me with this situation.

Thanks

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Hi and welcome to the forums here at G2G. Apologies for the delay in getting to your post but as you can probably see the forums are swamped with users looking for help. I have merged both of your topics. Please only reply back to this topic with your responses.

Please follow the instructions at the following link. If your problem persists then post a HijackThis log back to this link. Do not start a new topic. Instructions for running HJT is at the end of the link:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Hi,

Do you still need help here? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.