Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Shuts OFF

• Please log in to reply

gsd13

gsd13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We got infected with the Trojan.Pandex. I tried everything from this site and others but the root kit file just would not be found nor deleted!. So since I had a back up of my DATA, I rebuilt the drive. Reformated it, reloaded XP Pro and the I thought I was finished. I decided to use AVG security suite with AV and Firewall. I left the PC on for a scheduled Virus scan that evening (3 days ago). Awoke to a turned off machine. Now I have to re start about a dozen times before power seems to latch on. I have removed hardware and reseated, still baffled? What the...?
Anybody ever experienced this? Can th BIOS be corupted or have a virus? How do I check that?
Thanks
GSD13

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Can you explain "removed hardware and reseated"? Have you followed all the steps in our sticky located here?

Cheers

Troy