Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG question

• Please log in to reply

dodiegonzales

dodiegonzales

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried downloading and installing the latest free AVG antivirus but whenever I try to update it , it say update failes A.bin missing file. What does this mean. How can I get it back. I tried reintalling 2x already. Please help. Thanks

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Your download may be corrupt. You can always download it again and replace the files. or;
Have you tried Avira? It has a reaky good detection rate, and the active guard works well.
The only problem is that once a day you get a nag screen that you X out of. Not a lot to pay for a great free anti-virus.

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have the same problem, but here is what AVG has to say:

Currently the update for AVG Free v8 is corrupted... you will have to wait for AVG Technologies to address the issue with the update.

Reporting the issue again by other users here will not do any good util it is resolved.

The updates that your AVG currently have will still provide the protection it is setup to detect. In otherwords, not being able to get this update will not make your AVG Free ineffective and as soon as AVG Tech resolves the issue you will be able to update to the current virus definitions at that time.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
+1 for Avira, and you get a laugh with some of the updates. I have not been impressed with AVG lately.