Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Exception Processing Message during boot up (need help)

• Please log in to reply

drockin16

drockin16

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not the most technical computer person, so if I am missing needed info please let me know. I have Windows XP and when I boot up I always get the following error - Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c. I just joined this sight today after seeing some great information on it with several other problems I am experiencing with my computer such as the blue screen of death and fssm32.exe taking up ALOT of my CPU. I am going to try and work on these other problems over the weekend and wanted to see if there is anyway to get rid of this exception processing message as well.

Thanks for any help.
Dennis

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Both of these problems are related to F Secure running on your machine. fssm.exe is the F Secure Scan Manager. Do you have F Secure installed and running, or have you tried removing it in Add/Remove Programs?

drockin16

drockin16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the response Tyger. I just did a search on my computer and yes I have F Secure. Should I remove it. I got a virus a few weeks ago and I've downloaded several anti virus / malware / spybot removers to try to get my computer back to normal - Threatfire, windows defender, spybot search & destroy - plus my DSL provider, Embarq, has online security. Is this overkill and maybe slowing my computer down?

Thanks again