Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to internet

• Please log in to reply

JayGee7

JayGee7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Attached File  hijackthis.txt   8.22KB   178 downloads:tazz:
I am unable to connect to the internet in any way, shape or form with one laptop. I have a wireless network in house, and am able to connect fine with my other laptop.

The laptop that does not connect says the Wireless Network is connected. The message says "Page Cannot Be Displayed". I also cannot connect with Outlook.

The problem seems to have occurred after Norton IE asked if I wanted to block an application from installing, when I said yes, I could no longer connect. I have run Norton AV; Microsoft AntiSpyware; Ad-Aware; AVG; Spybot; Spyware Blaster; CWShredder with no results.

I took the laptop back to Best Buy, because I have a warranty and thought it might be something to do with one of the installed programs, they told me it was a spyware that was installed, and they could remove it but it would cost me. I decided to attempt to fix it on my own, as I've done so with my work computer that had a spyware problem before.

I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed.

I am attaching my HijackThis.log.

Can you please look it over and let me know if you have any ideas as to what I can do? Or should I just take it back to Best Buy and let them fix it?

Thank you for any help

Advertisements