Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build No Video

• Please log in to reply

ted520

ted520

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Im trying to build my first computer. Here is the hardware:
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS2 vers 1.0
CPU AMD|A64 X2 6000 3.0G AM2 2x1M R
PSU rosewill 750W
RAM GSKILL 1066 1GB X2
VIDEO CARD VISIONTEK RADEON HD 4850

ALTERNATE CARD IS A DIAMOND STEALTH X1550
OS is going to be windows vista ultimate if ever get to the bios screen
I have tried both video cards in both PCIE slots with the following combinations vga cables,dvi with adapters, memory placed in different slots in combinations of 1 and 2 gigs, taken the motherboard out and reconnected everything as well as putting it on a piece of cardboard to check if it had grounds (no grounds), I have no beeps all fans run i have two red leds on the hd 4850 but thats it fan runs on that too.

i reset the bios by taking out the battery as well tried it on a Acer x203w monitor on both connections monitor works on my vga out from the laptop.
i even tried it with the dvi/hdmi connector as well as the svideo/component connectors nothing all i get is no signal

thanks in advance

Edited by ted520, 17 August 2008 - 12:04 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Judging from the information you have posted, it sounds like your motherboard is a goner.

I would get in contact with Gigabyte support (or wherever you purchased it from) for a replacement unit.

Cheers

Troy