Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX Still Issues

• Please log in to reply

viperzaki

viperzaki

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been setting the custom level to enable all script and ActiveX controls underneath the Trusted Sites icon but still I can't access any websites which need to download scripts or ActiveX controls, which includes downloading programs or viewing videos. The only way I've found to get around this is to go to the Sites button and manually add the websites I need to run scripts on to obey my custom level. But that is extremely annoying and it wasn't like that before I contracted the Edow and Mediacck viruses, which I cleaned out a few days ago. Is there anything I can do to get my internet to be normal and accept all websites which run scripts again?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
If you're using IE, go to tools>>Options>>security settings and reset your custom levels. Wasn't sure if you had done that after reading your post.

viperzaki

viperzaki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh I have reset my Custom Levels and now I'm adding all the websites I need under the "Sites" button under "Trusted Sites" which is a serious pain. I want it to be easy like it was before I contracted the viruses, even though I cleaned them out. Is there anything I can do to get it so that all websites are accepted without being added to my Sites tab? By the way, I use Avant Browser, Internet Settings still the same for both browsers, though.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I bet the guys that check in on Monday morning who usually handle this forum will have an answer for you. I'm more of a malware gal, but I try to check this forum on the weekend. I will keep checking though.

One question: Do you have spyblaster installed? It blocks you from downloading harmful Active X.

viperzaki

viperzaki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No, I'll check that out. Thanks for your help, though, I hope the Monday guys can help me.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
We strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster (it's free for personal use) Click Here.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page.