Can't open Device Manager
Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:37 AM
Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:25 AM
Parallel Installation of Windows XP
Boot to the Windows XP installation cd by pressing a key when the "Press any key to boot from cd" prompt appears at the top of the screen.
- At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press Enter to set up Windows XP.
- Accept the License Agreement by pressing F8
- With your current installation selected in the box, press Esc
- Select C: Partition1 [NTFS] in the box and press Enter
- To continue setup using this partition, press C
- Now you should see formatting options...choose the last one, Leave the current file system intact (no changes), and press Enter
- To use a different folder, press Esc
- Name the folder WINDOWS0 (just type a 0 (zero)) and press Enter
The data will be located in the Documents and Settings folder (C:\Documents and Settings) under your old user account name...so when you set up the new installation, give yourself a slightly different user account name.
Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:06 PM
Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:29 PM
Go HERE for step by step instructions on how to partition, format, and install XP fresh
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users