Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ad.yieldmanager.com [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Great, glad it's running better. Did you use ATF Cleaner earlier before running Kaspersky? There are some items in the Java cache that should have been cleaned out, but show up in the Kasperksy log. I would run ATFCleaner again and make sure that is selected. Just one item to delete.

Using Windows Explorer delete the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mH2C8QV5.exe_

Let me know if you have any problems finding or deleting it. Other than that I think you're clean. It still appears you need to install an anti-virus. Go ahead and do that, let me know how you make out.

Advertisements

BlackMontels

BlackMontels

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
ATF Cleaner has been ran again. Reinstalling antivirus as we speak.

Thanks for everything. Look for a donation shortly.

Thanks!

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
OK great! :) Just some cleanup of the tools we used, and final words of "wisdom"...

You can remove the FixIEDef and AWF tools. Also, to uninstall combofix and it's related files do the following:

Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

• Posted Image
The above procedure will:
  • Delete the following:
    • ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
    • VundoFix backups, if present
    • The C:\Deckard folder, if present
    • The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
  • Reset the clock settings.
  • Hide file extensions, if required.
  • Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
  • Reset System Restore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure. In addition to updating and running your current software you may want to consider the following:

Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. Here are some free and evalutation versions that provide
better security than the Windows Firewall. Comodo
Outpost Firewall
For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some other available ones see the link below:
Understanding and Using Firewalls

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly or set your computer to receive automatic updates. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

Install SpywareGuard - SpywareGuard provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

Use Zoned Out -
Zoned Out will block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email. Instructions for set up and use can be found at the website.

Update all of your Anti-Malware programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed and the ones you are currently running regularly. Without regular updates you Will Not be protected when new malicious programs are released.

I'll leave the thread open a few days in case you have issues or any questions.

Regards,
Dave

IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Anti-Malware Buddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.