Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply

Pootle

Pootle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have searched for an answer to my problem but I don't know how to word what I am looking for.

As you can see the specification of my current PC and it's small HDD (in my profile?), I just want to know how or if I can use the 40 GB HDD off of a PC that already has Windows XP Professional installed on it but I couldn't use due to installing a video card driver onto it...Basically when I use the 40GB HDD I only get a black screen and I know everything else is OK because I can hear Windows XP starting up music.

I have installed all the Updates I needed on my PC and it's filled the little HDD so I want to add the (non formatted??) 40GB HDD if possible.

I hope that made sense because it has done my head in trying to find an answer through Google!

Edited by Pootle, 17 August 2008 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi Pootle,

Try taking out the old 6GB HDD and then installing a new copy of windows on the 40 GB HDD. You can't install windows across two Hard Drives. If it doesn't work (possibly the motherboard can't handle such a big HDD) You can still put back the small HD and it will still work.

Cheers

Digikiwi