Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

copam+ computer needs monitor

• Please log in to reply

momstheword

momstheword

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there:

My 2 sons are budding geeks and got a Copam+ (NOT Compac - but Copam) computer at a garage sale for free. We see no place we can plug in our IBM monitor. I believe the computer might have been manufactured in Taiwan. Is it possible to need a different cable for our monitor.

Sorry, but I'm not too geekish (yet!)

Thanks a lot

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If its a standard computer with standard connectors and a standard monitor with standard cables, any monitor made in the last 15 years should work on any computer made in the last 15 years.

Without knowing model numbers of the computer and the model number of the monitor, not a lot one can do to advise.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Copam computer's were used along with Plotters for doing design work in large scales(think Large business Street signs, t-shirt printing, Etc). I'm not certain but i think you will need a RS-232 Serial port type monitor with this computer. They really were not setup to be normal computers at all.

SRX660