Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Options

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I just realized that Dell is not my only option as far as buying my laptop goes...
Other than Dell and HP, what other vendors can I choose from (that will let me choose my configuration and give me a reasonably good laptop at $1500 or below) ?

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510

http://shop.lenovo.c...pecs_010808.pdf

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
I second Lenovo, although I'll still recommend Dell over anything else - especially with a $1500 budget.

Toshiba, Acer also in addition to Dell and HP.

Scott Mead

Scott Mead

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

I just realized that Dell is not my only option as far as buying my laptop goes...
Other than Dell and HP, what other vendors can I choose from (that will let me choose my configuration and give me a reasonably good laptop at $1500 or below) ?

You can get alot of good laptops for under 1500

I like my Sony, my Gateway is also good.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
personally I'd look at a toshiba with that budget though also maybe voyager... though I don't know how available they would be in your area..... Dell would be okay as long as you stay on the higher end of your budget.... the lower end dells can be real junk.... what ever you decide I'd recommend getting an extended warranty if available....maybe even a "no-fault" if available.... laptop parts are not cheap for the most part...

Scott Mead

Scott Mead

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

personally I'd look at a toshiba with that budget though also maybe voyager... though I don't know how available they would be in your area..... Dell would be okay as long as you stay on the higher end of your budget.... the lower end dells can be real junk.... what ever you decide I'd recommend getting an extended warranty if available....maybe even a "no-fault" if available.... laptop parts are not cheap for the most part...

Yes get the extended warranty, I had a Toshiba Laptop where the DVD Drive went out shortly after the warranty was up

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Just so everyone knows, I got a MacBook with my university discount and got an iPod touch in addition to it all for about $1600 (including tax)... not bad considering I got the best version of MacBook (with 4GB of memory too!) and they gave me iLife for free as well!!!