Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Specified module could not be found

• Please log in to reply

Sunshine56

Sunshine56

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am having a problem with my updates not working. In the right bottom corner is showing that (in red) that my pc might be at risk and click on the balloon. So, I did and it took me to the page to turn it on. When I did,,,it keeps popping up a small screen saying sorry, you will have to go to windows update in control panel.
When I did that, it shows that my updates are turned on which is the recommended one. I tried applying it again over and over, but it is still showing the red icon in the right bottom corner. So apparently it is not working.
I also noticed that I had a virus last nite and got rid of it by using the EAV Antivirus Suite Free Edition vs. 70. It cleaned 18 viruses. But now when I restart my pc...it goes the desktop and a screen pops up saying
Error loading: C:\Windows\system32\fwagyxyc.dll
the specified module could not be found
It says the rundll.exe wont open up or cant be found.

It still acts like I have a virus or malware as my pc is acting weird and and running slow.
I also use the Avira Antivir Personal and scanned it and it shows I have nothing at all,,,but this pc is not running like it should since last nite. The EAV also says it has no viruses now,,,but like I said, now the windows update is not working at all. What can I do to fix this problem. I also went to run and typed in .msi or something like that and it would not work either. I need help immediately.
Thanks for any help.
Sunshine56

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there :)

I suggest you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first.
Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems.
If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log in this forum for the experts to analyze.
If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

Just a heads up ... replying to your own thread will likely make you wait LONGER as it makes you appear to be receiving help already.

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey there sunshine , i see whats ur problem now firstable u have to check ur system restore if u have it activated well go START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/SYSTEM RESTORE now click on it and restore ur system calculating when was the last time that ur system was working fine ... once u get it restore it and then make sure if that virus is gone , if its not then let me know to help right away. :)

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Brady1988, a system restore will not help in this situation - and it definitely won't get rid of a virus.

If anything, he may not have flushed his restore points and would get re-infected by doing a system restore.