Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No internet access despite properly working ethernet cable/router

• Please log in to reply

alex9685

alex9685

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi GTG Community. I'm a newbie and a novice at computers. I've been having trouble accessing the internet with my desktop, a DELL Dimension 8250 (model year 2002). I believe that the problem is with the computer because I have hooked up other computers to the router and I can get online. I don't know where to begin to describe the state of my computer. First, is there a way I can get an all-encompassing report from my computer so that I can post some info about my comp. Just to give the community a better sense of the problem, given my lack of vocabulary to describe it. Second, I know that there is malware present. I can't seem to remove "programs" such as uskyonline.com and media-motor.net. Could these be related to my problem? Finally, I also have a problem with this userint32.exe message that keeps popping up everytime i start up my computer.

Overall, my computer still runs fairly well, despite the obvious problems.

Any advice?

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello alex9685 and welcome to Geeks To Go

I would like you to read the following topic which is here and then post your problem in this forum which is here.
We are unable to help with malware removal in this forum, please post your problem in the malware removal forum where our experts will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards