Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which printer to buy

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am looking to buy another home printer and I am looking for recommendations.
I am interested in an All-in-one printer that includes fax and ability to copy
more than one sheet at a time.
I currnently own an HP 5610...it's finally wearing out. It has served me well, but
it uses a lot of ink :)

Any recommendations?

Tim

Advertisements

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I own a Canon Pixma MP530. I find it to be pretty decent for my needs, but I haven't tested it out fully. It comes with like 5 sample photo sheets, which I tested a bit, and they come out looking real nice. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by copying more then 1 at a time. Do you mean making more than 1 copy of the same document, or making copies of multiple documents at once? I believe you can choose the amount copies. Also, it is a standalone copier. This means that it doesn't need to be attached to a computer to use the copying features, and maybe the fax feature too, but I don't use this feature.

Another one you can look at is the Canon Pixma MX700 which is currently $20 cheaper at newegg. That one is currently marked down $60, so you might want to act fast if you are interested.

One last suggestion is to go to stores and try to get a sample page printed from the printers, so you can see the quality.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
GranzOO,

Thanks for the prompt reply...how is the Canon on ink useage. The HP is an ink hog.
Clarification: I need on that can feed multiple documents. Some printers only have a lift up top the copy one document at a time.

Tim

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Actually, it does have batch scanning. It has a top that you can lift, or it has a feed at the very top of the scanner. The batch scanning even has black and white or color. As far as ink goes, I am not entirely sure how well this does on ink. However, it has separate ink cartridges. This means that if you run out of one color, then you can just replace that single color, rather then replacing the whole thing.