Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 portforwarding

• Please log in to reply

gmanpopinjay

gmanpopinjay

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello i just purchased a windows 2003 dedicated server but im not sure to port forward on it i tryed this link http://www.rosscode....t...p;tb=1&pb=1
but i dont quite understand what they mean like i got up to this step

o, having no choice but to run TFS on port 8080, I started digging into Windows 2003 to determine if there was a way to make it think that one port was really another one. Turns out there is, and it's available through "Routing and Remote Access". Under the machine, you can manage the IP routing. Under that, you select "NAT/Basic Firewall":

and then it says it should show a local network but i dont see one so any advise or if someone can help me step by step ty

Advertisements

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
What he is talking about is well first have you set it up is is a SBS2003 or standard 2003 you will find the NA/Basic Firewall under

Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Routing and Remote Access

At first you may not see anything there that will be because you have not set it up run the wizard by going to file and I believe it is there I do not have one in front of me at the moment. Once you set that up you will get all those options
Posted Image