Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple infections - help

• Please log in to reply

sirolafur

sirolafur

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

Ok, when I start my computer, I get a red screen, with a picture of Nuclear hazzard, below the picture says,

" Your privacy is in danger! [ Download privacy protection software now! ] "

I don't know how to remove it permanently, I can roll my mouse to top right corner of the screen and press X,
but that doesn't remove it permanently, it just opens again in few mins, it's really annoying and it hides my current background.
So if i click anywhere on the screen, it will take me to their website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there's this other thing, every 3-4 minutes or so, pops up a small window which says

Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt...
Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware or harmful
viruses. Run full system scan now to protect your PC from
Internet attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! Click here
to download spyware remover for total protection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there is one more thing - My documents - My pictures - My computer, and all that have dissapeared from my start menu,
But i can still access those things by right clicking start menu and pressing explore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay sorry, there's still another thing, every 10 minutes or so, i dont know, opens a window that says

Security warning! Worm.win32.Netbooster detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the internet through email and activex objects. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers emails from your local computer and redistributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to fix these things?

Regards,
Sirolafur

Does anyone know how to solve those things ?

Regards,
Sirolafur

Edited by sirolafur, 18 August 2008 - 03:09 PM.

Advertisements

sirolafur

sirolafur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump