Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

taskbar isnt aero?

• Please log in to reply

christopher alarcon

christopher alarcon

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I like the aero effect on the taskbar but for some reason i dont have it...I know I have the specs because my laptop has windows home premium and i do have aero, exxcept on the taskbar. When i go 2 BestBuy i see other pc's with the aero effect on their taskbar, is there a way to activate it on the taskbar.

thanks in advanced

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
  • Right click on your task bar.
  • Select properties.
  • Select start menu.
  • Make sure that the top box (start menu) is checked, and that the bottom box (classic start menu) is not checked.

christopher alarcon

christopher alarcon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I dont think you understand my question here is a picture of what i mean:

You see hoe i have aero on my windows but not my taskbar not even a littel and some other computeers do this. My question is that is there a way to enable aero my taskbar?????

Attached Thumbnails

• aero_problem.jpg

Edited by christopher alarcon, 19 August 2008 - 12:07 PM.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Can you describe the Aero effect you want? It looks like you do have "Windows Aero", which is explained here.

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I think he might mean having the taskbar appear translucent like window panes appear?

Edit:
I just read some stuff on google, and the taskbar goes completly black when you maximize windows. Also, they hint at certain programs in the system tray can possibly cause this behavior too.

Edit2:
I will see if I have this effect when I get home. I will also see if I can find any settings that would affect this.

Edited by Granz00, 19 August 2008 - 12:29 PM.

christopher alarcon

christopher alarcon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i know i have aero but i dont have it on my task bar when a window is maximized or minimized so my task bar is never transparent

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Okay, do a few things for me. First, right click the task bar and go to properties. Under the task bar tab, what do you have checked? Try checking everything besides Auto-hide the task bar. Next, right click the desktop and go to Personalize. Choose Window Color and Appearance. Choose whatever color and intensity you want, and make sure you have a check in the box for Enable Transparency. If you didn't get that last part, then more than likely you are set to using Windows Vista Basic, and you have to switch to Aero. If all of this still doesn't help then I don't know what the problem is.

P.S. The task bar won't appear translucent until you actually have something underneath it. So try moving your windows where it is beneath the task bar a little.

Edited by Granz00, 19 August 2008 - 03:50 PM.

christopher alarcon

christopher alarcon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i know that i have vista premium which came preinstalled with my notebook i do have aero but i dont know why i dont have it on my task bar that is my question??

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Just a thought is that my wife added a older game to her vista premium H-P laptop which caused the Aero interface to disappear. When the program would not work in Vista, she uninstalled it and the Aero came back.

SRX660

christopher alarcon

christopher alarcon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I've also found out that an itunes glitch might be present as said in some forums but i dont see any way of fixking do you think calling hp customer support can help because my pc is still under warranty???????