Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SFC /SCANNOW QUESTION

• Please log in to reply

driley

driley

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I recently ran a sfc /scannow and received a message to install my cd-rom. However, I recently installed sp3 and since my installation disk is sp2 I wonder if this will work or just screw up my files. Plus, my understanding is that sp3 does not include I.E. 7 which I have. Has anyone out there encountered this situation and is there a workaround? I am still a relative novice and don't want a problem. Thanks.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
There shouldn't be any problem running your original disk on sfc /scannow.

SP-3 doesn't include IE 7.0 which is an independent update. Since you have IE 7.0 already installed then all is fine.