Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with 250GB IDE hard disk WD2500LB

• Please log in to reply

Lefterman

Lefterman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there,

I 'm desperately trying to get some help for this problem I got, and ended up here, thought someone must surely be able to help.. Well anyway..I have an ASUS P5LD2-VM motherboard, and I bought that WD2500LB hard disk a couple days ago from Ebay (from a 99% powerseller), but there seems to be some problem. I tried to install it, but it says there is no hard disk detected.. I 've connected it with that big fat 80 pin motherboard cable, the other 4pin cable from the power supplier, and positioned the jumper at 6-4, as http://wdc.custhelp....created=#jumper says.. Also tried it at 5-3 and single, taking the jumper out. I use a single hard disk.. Well I 'm at a loss, don't know what I should do. If anyone could help me, I 'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Lefterman, 18 August 2008 - 08:21 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please check in your BIOS to see if your Hard drive setup is set to IDE instead of SATA. I would download the manual from Asus ( a real PITA for me, download took 8 minutes at 15K on a 3.9 MB file. Download kept stopping for 10-20 seconds at a time.

If you still have problems check the drive in another computer or return it for a replacement.

By the way, i never buy HD's from Ebay anymore. Im only getting a 50% good rate on them. Thats just not good enough when i can wait and buy them when they are on-sale at the local stores for almost the same price.
SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 19 August 2008 - 02:04 PM.