Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Problem (This is not an ordinary problem)

• Please log in to reply

tyut2

tyut2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good day, I am new to this forum and running at wits end here. I use Comcast.net for my business (only me) and I travel a bit out of the country as well for work.

At bit of info on what I am using:

Operating System: XP Home
ISP: comcast.net
Email Program: Outlook 2007

I have just recently (last 2 months) starting using my comcast.net email heavily through Outlook 07. (lost main email because of the IRS! Long story...)

What I found is that some of my emails are not making it to the intended recipients. Also, some that are being sent to me are not getting through. And this is happening while I am away and at home. I also used mail2web.com and had the same problem.

Now, here is where I am at a loss.... I am not getting anything back from the servers I am sending to stating that they are not getting delivered and the people sending them to me are not getting anything either. So I have no idea weather they are getting them or not (I have used the Outlook functions for delivery and read receipts also, but still nothing) and vise versa.

I had mentioned that only some are not making it, and take is what is strikingly odd about this.

I called Comcast, and I have a feeling that they will not really help.

Here is what I have done:

Changed my outgoing server port to 465 (with SSL)
Incoming to Port 995.

(Comcast told me to try Port 587 for the outgoing (w/o SSL) but I found this is mostly for SPAM.)

Has anyone heard of this, or is this just something I will have to live with?

I really appreciate any help on this...

Thanks a million,
Mike

Edited by tyut2, 18 August 2008 - 08:43 PM.

Advertisements