Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop freezes during dft/memtest86/bootmngr missing

• Please log in to reply

patsandtheover

patsandtheover

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi everyone. i am searching for some help diagnosing and repairing a major issue with my laptop. it is a newer model. i do not know very much at all about computers and leave it at that..but am willing to learn and try to repair it myself. here's what i have so far.
when i turn it on i get "boot mngr missing"
when i run memtest86 it freezes, can't complete the test. shows errors(not in red) in the lower half of the creen when frozen, sometimes.
when i run drive fitness test it freezes. i got thru 1 test(basic)after many tries and got an ok, but cannot complete an advance test(freezes)
please help me fix my computer. thanks, d.

there is also a system recovery but that used to freeze and now it just zips thru it and brings me back to bootmngr missing. it does tell me user partition is missing. thank you all again for your time, d.

Advertisements