Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Printing

• Please log in to reply

JHY-IC

JHY-IC

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a Lexmark (USB) printer and a Dell 8100 Inspiron notebook computer wih WinXP Pro SP2 installed.

I utilize a Belkin 54g wireless card and a Belkin Access Point for wireless internet access. I do not own, nor use a router.

I would like to be able to print without actually having to attach my printer to the computer. Is there a way to use this printer (wireless) without attaching cables between the printer and computer? Without a router?

I purchased a Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer, but I think I will have to buy a router to be able to use this device.

Thanks!

Joseph Y.

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Not with g, but there are ways with bluetooth and infared. before i got the network, i used a blootooth card in my notebook and printer, and it worked fine.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
The only other way I can think of is to place another network card in the desktop and connect the print server to that, but the downfall would be that the desktop has to be running in order for you to print from the laptop.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: