Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios problem

• Please log in to reply

Unknown_Orc

Unknown_Orc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi guys

my problem is that i have updated my bios in curiosity and my system stops working, well what i do that i just create problem in my system and try to fix it by this i learn but this time i think i need your vaulable suggestion on this, let me tell u what happen exactly.

my motherboard is gigabyte 81845gvmez

my default bios version was award f5 dl i upgraded the f8 by gigabyte e-bios software through online.

what happen after upgrading the bios its ask for me to restart the system and i restart but after that nothing comes up in the screen of the moniter

i wait for it but still nothing happens, i restart the system again but nothing on screen and no 'Beep' sound, i take out the bios battery but nothing happens

what i think that the f5 version was in the ROM chip of bios has been erased and now only f8 is there so nothing will happen if i refresh the bios so if i right, tell me how to degrade the bios f8 to f5 or if i am wrong then tell me what is the problem i am facing after upgrading the bios.

ORC.

Advertisements

Unknown_Orc

Unknown_Orc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
opps my motherbord is gigabyte 81845gvmrz

Unknown_Orc

Unknown_Orc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
and yes i have just gone through the Bios tutorials and according to tutorials i have no hope in my problem or i have to change the bios chip .........is it true? or is there any way to erase the ROM chip data and upload the previous one on it.

ORC.

Unknown_Orc

Unknown_Orc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Guys please help me..............

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
The easiest way is to replace the BIOS chip

There is a way called hot swapping but I would advice against it unless you have the right tools and experience.

Warning:
Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.

Unknown_Orc

Unknown_Orc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks buddy.