Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home network communication password problem

• Please log in to reply

ARTUROJOSE

ARTUROJOSE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have three computers on a home network, an old Tiger Direct desktop (XP), an HP Pavilion Media Center TV desktop PC (Vista) and a Compaq wireless notebook (Vista). They all communicate with each other except that the HP Pavilion requests an unknown User Name and Password. The pop-up says "Connect to HP" and show a picture of keys. All the other computers talk to each other and even the HP Pavilion can see files in the two other computers I use Network Magic to set up the network and communicate between computers.

Any suggestions to remove the password requirement or at least allow me to enter a known password.

Advertisements