Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spywares (wupdt.exe)[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

genas

genas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok.. I have a the Norton Antivirus and i went to their website to try to find a solution for the spywares i have in my PC, specifically the file WUPTD.EXE. I executed a program they indicated for that purpose but the file was still in my pc. I also tried the software Spybot - Search & Destroy. It recognizes the spyware infection but when I ask it to Fix the problem it doesn't work. Then it asks you to try right after you reboot the PC but again it doesnt work.

What should I do to get rid of this specific spyware or any other that i might have.

Appreciated.

Genesio.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo! my name is Kat, and I will be happy to help you resolve your spyware issues! :tazz: Please follow the directions found here and then make a reply to this thread and copy/paste your HijackThis log here. I will take a look and help you get cleaned up and on the go again!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.