Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Logitech G15 Macro

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I'm trying to use my Logitech G15 (refresh) G-keys for some things outside of games.

One of the 'useful' things I could think of was to set a G-Key to eject my disc drive. The idea seemed simple enough, and a friend was able to do it on his Cyber Snipa Warboard.

Basically I record a macro to do something like this:

Windows Key + E
tab
right
alt
down
j
alt+f4

That should open windows explorer, highlight my disc drive, go into the 'file' list, and eject drive, then close explorer. This works if I do it manually, but if I record the macro with it, it opens windows explorer, and then nothing happens. I've tried this with and without timing my keystrokes. I've tried it using the macro record key on my keyboard, and recording the macro through the keyboard profiler.

Advertisements