Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scanjet 4200c problem with Win98

• Please log in to reply

keithmasterson

keithmasterson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I saw a scanjet 4200c at a yardsale and wondered if it was compatable with vista, a quick google check said no but it was okay for win98. I've got an old win98 IBM PC300PL that the modem quit but I still use for media stuff, so I went back and bought it. It came with an HP driver disk for win98, power cord and a USB cord, but when it wouldn't work I web searched around and learned there's more than one kind of USB connection, the kind I'm familiar with for cameras, mice and printers, and another kind that's required for devices needing more power. So I googled "USB booster" and saw there was indeed such a thing advertised that could draw power from two USB ports. Could this work? I'm confused because further web searches led to SCSI information that was over my head.

Edited by keithmasterson, 21 August 2008 - 12:04 AM.

Advertisements