Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Power AntiVirus 2009

• Please log in to reply

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Yes the screensaver popups are not malware related they are on certain sites that you visit.
I get them occasionally as well.

Yes a RAM upgrade will help with running more applications and help things to run smoother overall.

If all seems well then we will close this one.

Advertisements

Ace Brown

Ace Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK, i think that's about it then. Do you have any suggestions as to make/type etc. of upgrade? Thanks for all the help thus far.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
A few brands hat I know are good are Corsair,Pny,Kingston or Apacer Ram.
You can find some good prices at Tigerdirect.com they are quite reliable and have decent prices in my opinion.
http://www.tigerdire...name=Memory-RAM

Check it out I believe that they also have a Ram configurator to help you decide what type of Ram that you need for your P.C. hope that helps.
Depending on what you need I would go with whatever would make the most difference.
Possibly a 512mb upgrade or 256mb upgrade it soley depends on what you think you need.

Ace Brown

Ace Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i was on the HP/Compaq website and according to it, i can have up to 4G of ram on my machine. I have 512mb so far, would it be advisable to go with say a 1G card? thanks again
-ace

Edited by Ace Brown, 01 October 2008 - 01:29 PM.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Yes 1GB or Ram would be a noticeable change.
You would notice quite a speed difference with that added.
You are welcome, :)