Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vista Blue Screens

• Please log in to reply

jwardy07

jwardy07

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi i have built two machines, both with vista capable hardware. Firstly i installed vista and got several blue screens of death, second machine with a different hard drive and different vista DVD but the only thing i carried over was my graphics card from my own machine and im still getting BSOD. My graphics card is plenty capable of running vista n its a NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT. Now this is the only thing i have carried over between teh two machines. Both are asus motherboards first one AMD and second one AMDX2. I cant seem to work out why i keep getting these screens, its a legal version of vista too. But if any has any information it would be great, i would like to move on n get onto vista!! I shall try and capture a camera image of the BSOD 2moz.

Thanks

Jamie

Edited by jwardy07, 19 August 2008 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi Jamie,

We need some more information about these blue screens, as every one is different. You should see a Technical Information section, and under that a *** STOP: . We need to know everything, letter by letter, that you see under Technical Information. That info will help us identify the error you are having and help fix it.

Does it blue screen without the nvidia graphics card?

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Posted Image

Scott Mead

Scott Mead

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
On one of the machines I built and put Vista on I got the same blue screen, all I did was reseated the ram (pull them out, pop them back in) I blew out the slots the ram sticks go in. I had no more blue screens after that. Another machine I had on another comp was caused by the video card. But I dont think that is the case with yours.

Scott

brewey

brewey

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
did you get it to work because I got the same problem and what to no if you fixs it a how you did it

to help me out please

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bug check has a value of 0x0000001A. This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

0x1 The fork clone block reference count is corrupt. (This only occurs on checked builds of Windows.)

Think again about running a Nvidia 7600 Video card with Vista.

If you are running the GeForce Release 175 WHQL drivers for the 7600 series card and still getting blue screens, your really need to upgrade to a newer card.

SRX660

brewey

brewey

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
no I have a ATI Radeon HD 3870

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Brewey, please start your own topic in this forum. SRX660 was replying to the original poster - creating your own topic will keep everybody less confused. :)