Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help on my internet. Some problems

• Please log in to reply

Flaming215

Flaming215

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i was in the malware forum and i gotten my computer cleaned but i have some problems with my network so my helper suggest that i come into this forum to look for help.
My old topic was http://www.geekstogo...ks-t208045.html
The part i need help with is the last post by my helper with the 2 quote boxes. i was wondering if someone can help me with the problem. Thanks.

i use my wireless on my laptop my desktop computer loses all connection and would become extremely slow and constant disconnect within a few minutes seems like all the connection is going there somehow. is there anyway to fix this problem, this never happen before

Class GUID: {4D36E97E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Description: PCI Simple Communications Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200F14F1&REV_00\4&CF81C54&0&08F0
Manufacturer:
Name: PCI Simple Communications Controller
PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200F14F1&REV_00\4&CF81C54&0&08F0
Service:

Edited by Flaming215, 19 August 2008 - 04:00 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
VEN_14F1 is a Conexant 56k Dial-Up Modem and wouldn't affect wireless.
Your disconnections may be caused by wireless interference (such as cordless telephones, mobile phones or other wireless networks) or the structure of the house - does the issue improve if you move around?

Flaming215

Flaming215

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i don't think it's caused by a wireless interference because when i use the wireless in the same room and the wireless router is right in front of me and my desktop loses the connection and my laptop steals it all the connection which tends to make my desktop disconnection frequently =/. do i need to install the 56k dial-up modem thing?