Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changed login password virus! Help?

• Please log in to reply

EmmaR

EmmaR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could please help me with a huge problem?
Our computer was running very slow and we were getting lots of pop-ups etc. I ran all the virus removers (ie. adaware, norton, macafee and more) and it was still going slow. I thought if I restarted it then perhaps it would get better, but now when it boots up it gets to the loging screen and asks for a password which we never set! I've tried all the likely passwords (before realising that a hacker could be using them all... oops! Have changed them all now) but I cannot login. Luckily the laptop is still working so I can look for help on the internet. We have a man coming over tomorrow to have a proper look, but I think anyting I can do in the meantime to try and save all my files and photos would be very helpful. Have any of you experienced problems like this, or perhaps even know a way of helping me? Any comments shedding some light on the sitation are much appreciated.
Emma :)

Edited by EmmaR, 19 August 2008 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements