Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware nightmare, my security is not right/missing problems [RESOLVED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jewelergirl

jewelergirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Oh- Almost forgot-just as an FYI . I went to download the IE-Spyad and got the message below. When I followed the funkytoad link ( http://www.funkytoad...ent/view/15/33/ ), it said that the request didnt exist :) .

Please Note: the original IE-SPYAD format that used .REG files to load and unload the Restricted Sites list is no longer available and will not be maintained. The same holds true for IE-SPYAD2. Both are replaced by what used to be called IE-SPYAD for ZonedOut. ZonedOut is a free utility that loads and unloads a plain text list of domains into the Restricted sites zone. You can think of ZonedOut as an improved replacement for the .BAT file utility used in the "original" IE-SPYAD. This new version of IE-SPYAD provides the same protection as the old version, but is easier to use and maintain.

IE-SPYAD contains a set of Internet Explorer "Restricted sites" lists for use with ZonedOut, a free Internet Explorer zone management utility available from FunkyToad:

http://www.funkytoad...ent/view/15/33/

:)

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Ok thanks I will remove it from my end speech.
If all is well then I will close this thread.

jewelergirl

jewelergirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes, all is well now :) . The last thing is whether or not it is OK to have both Avira and Spybot together on one machine.

Thank you so much for your time- I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. I really had no means at present to hire a local firm to fix it and I use the computer daily for job searching.

Again Thank you- you are amazing! :)

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Yes AVira and spybot will be fine together.

You are welcome :)

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.