Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

GIMP, print not to scale!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
the Gimp version installed in my computer is 2.4.6 (Win XP Pro SP3).
I've tried to print a picture to 14cmx10cm. Actually I couldn't because every time just a small part of the picture would be enlarged so much to fit in a A4 format. I tried to change the printing dimension and also the image dimension but no way: on the preview screen everything looks fine because the picture is on the correct scale but as I try to print the upper left corner of the picture will be zoomed and printed. :)

I know this is a bug, and some people are getting the print.exe file from a previous version, I think 2.2.17. I've tried but it gives me a weird message

:) :) ;)
"GTK+ 2.0 runtime environment was not found on your computer. GTK+ Runtime Environment version 2.4.14 or newer is required to use The Gimp. You can download GTK+ 2.0 runtime environment from <http://gimp-win.sf.net/>.
Please install GTK+ before running the Gimp setup again.
· The Setup detected that your CPU has HyperThreading enabled. This is known to cause lockups with certain buggy BIOSes. If GIMP appears to hang up while loading extension_script_fu, try to either upgrade your BIOS or disable HyperThreading in the BIOS setup.
Consult your motherboard's manual for more information on how to upgrade the BIOS or how to disable HyperThreading."
:) :) :D

Welll, don't know what to say about the above message...

For this and other reasons I'd like to find another solution.
Does any of you know another way to fix this problem? Please help me!!!
It's really important for me because from now on I'll need to scale and print a lot of pictures and I'd like, and need, to do it with Gimp.

Thank you in advance