OK good enough.....
You can remove the tools we used such as SDFix. Also, we can uninstall combofix:Time for some housekeeping
The above procedure will
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
- Delete the following:
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:\Deckard folder, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
In addition to updating and using what you currently have you may want to consider the following:Use a Firewall
- I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. Here are some free and evalutation versions that provide
better security than the Windows Firewall. Comodo Outpost Firewall
For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some other available ones see the link below:Understanding and Using Firewalls Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently
- It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com
regularly or set your computer to receive automatic updates. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.Install SpywareBlaster
will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and MalwareInstall SpywareGuard
provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from Spyware and MalwareUse Zoned Out
- Zoned Out
will block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email. Instructions for set up and use can be found at the website.Update all of your Anti-Malware programs regularly
- Make sure you update all the programs I have listed and the ones you are currently running regularly. Without regular updates you Will Not
be protected when new malicious programs are released.
I'll leave the thread open a few days in case you have questions or issues.