Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software inventory

• Please log in to reply

rpighin

rpighin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have taken over for a System Admin and I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for a utility/tool that I can install/run on my servers to see what softwares are installed. I am not concerned about Microsoft products, but more concerned about 3rd Party softwares. i am sure there is software that is installed that is not in use any more and we would like to clean that up.

thanks in advanced

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey! You could try a couple of different things. Revo Uninstaller is a cool program that essentially lets you uninstall things completely. Even if you don't want to uninstall a bunch of stuff, it will pull up everything that's installed on your machine. And if you do want to uninstall something, it does a great job of getting rid of it completely! Another thing you could try is Processlibrary by Uniblue. It will show you everything that's running on your machine and allow you to look it up and see what exactly it is. Both of the applications that I mentioned above are free! Hope that helps ya out some! :)