Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help downloading videos

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Since my ISP lowered my DSL speed to 1 meg, (they said it was accidently set too high several years ago) I can't watch any videos without the constant stopping and loading. Is there any fix for this? I've googled this and tried several programs and scripts without any luck. I use Firefox on XP.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If it only started when the speed was dropped then this may mean the video's too high quality to download quickly enough. You can typically specify low quality or high quality when streaming from somewhere like YouTube and the lower quality should load faster.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
or pause the playing of the video till it loads up

and that bites about your ISP
sheesh!!!???