I followed the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Malware Cleaning Guide"
1) I used ATF Cleaner (cleared approx. 79 mb)
2) i didn't do any system restore cuz i already have may sys restore points in the past month or so
3) I didn't use erunt, cuz i thought : my registry's already messed up
4) d/l and installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ran scan
5) d/l avast anti-virus then did a Reboot
6) uninstalled Avira AntiVir and installed Avast Anti virus and updated it. Then i did a boot scan
7) repeated Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan & Avast boot scan
My pc is running better now, no more annoying pop-ups saying "you have a security probles" and all those stupid Antivirus xp advertisements popping up in a internet Explorer window....
i have read many forums since my PC was infected 2 dyas ago and I can't figure out whether it was antivirs-xp 2008 or 2009. Anyway, i found out that both aren't easy to get rid of
My question, is there any possibility that the malware/virus/watever-other-nasty-thing is still in my system's registry or something like that, waiting for a chance to attack my system, or is it over?????
sorry for the long post, but i use this computer for work and i'm stranded right now, afraid of infecting any removable device containing important data