Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MJ12 Bios not working? "Operating System not found"

• Please log in to reply

FUState

FUState

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I read some other OS Not Found forumns, and they say to go into bios using del when starting up. Tinkering with the settings to ensure hard drives are pointed to etc...

Pressing del does not work for me. I'm not sure why not, but am starting to wonder if the bios is in disrepair, or perhaps just the bios battery?

The initial screen sais press f2 for settings, and when I do, it does not change anything. It just sais "please wait" as it would normally (perhaps it is trying to load settings) the screen goes blank, and then the "Operating System not found" pops up. Pressing del when this is displayed results in a loop of blank screen where "Operating System not found" pops up again.

The hard drive is seated properly, and I have reset the bios (using the battery removal procedure as I am unable to access bios).

Is there a way to replace, or reflash the bios? Could replacing the bios battery, or bios help me?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Operating System not found means the computer can't find anything to boot from. Just because the hard drive is connected doesn't mean it's working. How you get into BIOS depends on your system, most of them it's either F1, F2, DEL or F10. Need more details realistically to help you.

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
lol...

Getting into bios by pressing keys is obvious... the problem isn't that I don't know which key to press...

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
More of what I don't know is what my troubleshooting options would be.

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Alright, I'll just call this resolved, I flashed my Bios, and now I can access it again...

The rest should be simple as normal...