Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with Sceptre X20 monitor, screen totally blue

• Please log in to reply

dasaten

dasaten

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have had my Sceptre monitor for about 2 years, and never had this kind of problem. I just came home last night, and the screen was completely blue. I tried rebooting the computer, tried unplugging the monitor both while it was off and while it was on, and nothing has worked. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could offer some help.

Thanks!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

First thing I would do is use a different monitor to see if that was the problem.

It could be your video card may have flown the coop.

Murray

dasaten

dasaten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, I am using my computer right now with another monitor. So, I'm pretty sure the problem is with the monitor. When I turn the Sceptre monitor on, regardless of whether or not my computer is on, all I get is the blue screen. :)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, I am using my computer right now with another monitor. So, I'm pretty sure the problem is with the monitor. When I turn the Sceptre monitor on, regardless of whether or not my computer is on, all I get is the blue screen. :)

First, check the pins at the end of the monitor cable to make sure none are bent.

If those are okay, it would appear your monitor has gone to the big recycle depot in the sky.

Murray

dasaten

dasaten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
The pins are fine, but I REALLY doubt that the monitor is dead. I have a hunch that it's just something in the settings that I need to fix. There are a lot of options in the menu, and I can't seem to figure it out. I was hoping someone might have used a similar monitor, and know what to do...

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Try it on someone else's system and see what shows up.

Monitors can just fail just like hdd's, mobo's, etc.

Murray