Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Not Accessible

• Please log in to reply

DFG

DFG

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey all,

Just wondering if someone could help me with an issue.

Firstly I had 2 hard-drives an 80gig master and a 200gig slave. The 200gig slave went ka-put.... So I bought a new 250 gig drive (ATA) and decided to make it a master and put my working 80gig as a slave.

I have installed windows xp on the new 250gig got everything working. But now I wish to copy the "documents and settings" folder from my 80gig to the new 250gig.

When I try accessing my folders it says access denied, and I am unable to access the folders on the 80gig (similar to when you try accessing another admin accounts documents).

Is there a way to get passed this?

I would like to transfer my documents/info/etc... to my new 250gig before I format my 80gig.

This may be confusing.. and I am sorry for that.

Thanks again.

DFG

Note: another quick question, my new 250gig is set as F:\ and my 80gig is set as C:\ and D:\ (partitioned).. Can I change the 250gig to C:\?

Edited by DFG, 21 August 2008 - 06:53 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi DFG!

To access those files and folder, you need to take ownership of those files. THIS guide should be able to help you do that. Just follow the steps exactly and you should be all set!

Ryan