Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

• Please log in to reply

tophatpainter

tophatpainter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running a 6 month old Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista. It's a standard $700 special with just enough memory to run Vista and Hellgate London (after hours of fiddling)... I bought this program called Business Plan Pro and was using it fine for about 2 months when I started to get an error message the the program had stopped working any time I tried to open it. I guess I should add that my computer is narcoleptic and randomly (it doesn't matter what I'm running or what I'm doing) it'll shut down - power still on, just a black screen. It happened while I was working with Business Plan Pro and this error has been there ever since:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: pas.bppenu11.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 46fd7686
Problem Signature 04: System.Configuration
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 47577dd9
Problem Signature 07: 1a8
Problem Signature 08: 4d
Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

I am not a proficient geek. I can get by, and if you explain something, I may have a chance to understand whats going on. This has me totally baffled. I uninstall ed the program, tried to reinstall it but lost the serial number so i bought a new program thinking that it was at fault. Installed, got the same thing. Took it in to the Geek Squad, they had it for 3 days, charged me $130, told me they had no idea what the [bleep] was wrong with it (after updating my .NET, updating my virus and spyware progs, and really messing with my settings) and sent me on my merry way. I've googled the [bleep] out of it, but what I get for leads has to do with networks, websites, or exceptions. They told me the only thing I have left to do is to do a hard uninstall of my OS and start from scratch. that will take the rest of my life to get all my programs back on this thing, so I'm hoping someone has some answers.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried looking here for your answer?
http://support.paloa...kinName=default

tophatpainter

tophatpainter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not trying to update the program to premier. I have a firewall up so that I have to allow it to work. What that article is referring to is me being aware that my Vista program may impede me trying to update to another version of my existing program. The problem doesn't seem to be the program, but windows. When I exit some programs (and not all the time), it'll tell me that the program has stopped working - even though I am the one that exited the program. Vista, once again, seems to be operating at it's best...

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Article on debugging .Net Applications:
http://msdn.microsof...y/ms954594.aspx

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Have you tried right clicking the luancher for the application going to properties then the compatability tab and selecting xp sp2? Also try running the application as administrator see if that helps.

Im not sold on the program error being related to the computer shutting down yet.